Books Will Never Go Out of Print!

Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back. Check out meanderings about books I've loved.

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Watch For The Light ~ Readings for Advent and Christmas


Watch For The Light ~ Readings for Advent and Christmas

A Collection of Thoughts from a Variety of Authors
(Plough Publishing House, 2001; Orbis Books, 2004)

This year I am going to do it.

Last year I was finally able to track down a copy of Watch For The Light - Readings for Advent and Christmas. I had read about this book and was interested to add additional readings to my season of Christmas.

And then life happened.

I was unable to complete the book, which begins with a reading for November 24. The book continues through with daily readings until January 6, the day after Epiphany.

Again. I do love second chances.

This year, I began early and reread the entries I had read last year. This collection has been penned by a huge variety of authors, including some of my favorites like

Madeleine L'Engle
Martin Luther
C.S. Lewis
Philip Yancey
T.S. Eliot

And many, many more.

I look forward to delving into these contemplations about Advent and Christmas. With all of the commercial focus on the season, I think my soul will breathe a sigh of relief to be considering things not-physical.

Deep. Breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! What's your favorite book?