Books Will Never Go Out of Print!

Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back. Check out meanderings about books I've loved.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Christmas Song, Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire - Christmas Picture Books You Can Sing


The Christmas Song, Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire
By Mel Torme and Robert Wells (1946)
Illustrated by Doris Barrette
(Scholastic, Inc., 2007)

Here is a beautifully illustrated Christmas picture book you can read and sing!

Everyone knows "The Christmas Song", though I would hazard a guess to say we instead call it "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire." Each year, as I go around humming this song to myself, I am again urged to go hunt down some chestnuts and throw them on an open fire. Tried that once and managed burnt chestnuts.

Now that certain home and cooking magazines have shown the correct way to prep and cook chestnuts, should I venture to purchase those chestnuts (which magically appear in the produce section of the grocery store come every December), I think my success would be much greater. Perhaps even tasty.

Go for it. Sing the song. I mean read this book. And sing the song.

And while you are at it, pick up some chestnuts. Watch an online video on how to cook them up proper.

And have a wonderful, beautiful Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! What's your favorite book?