|Doesn't that title sound vaguely familiar?|
Little Red Gliding Hood
Story by Tara Lazar
Pictures by Troy Cummings
(Random House, 2015)
Little Red's skates are worn out and ready to fall apart. Without her trusty skates, she won't be able to visit Grandma every Sunday. But the upcoming skating competition first prize is a pair of brand new gold skates!
Little Red is a great skater, but she doesn't have a partner. Everyone else is matched up, but who will Little Red find to join her for the competition?
Fairy tale characters and stories abound in this fractured tale. Readers will laugh and enjoy the antics of Little Red and her friends as she finds an unexpected partner. Dare we say the bad guy turns good?
Delightful text and imaginative illustrations come together to make one great picture book. Both adults and children will love Little Red Gliding Hood.
Make Up Your Own Silly Fairy Tale
1. Choose a favorite fairy tale. Think of the characters and the problems they encounter in the story.
2. Now, choose one thing to change. You can:
- change a name
- change the problem
- change the setting (where the story takes place)
- add new characters
- mix two fairy tales together
3. Make up your own fairy tale.
4. Tell your new silly fairy tale to a friend or a sibling. Did they laugh?
Storytelling is fun, isn't it?