Books Will Never Go Out of Print!

Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back. Check out meanderings about books I've loved.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Picture Book 10 for 10 Jog - 10 Books I Can't Live Without!


From a person who loves children's picture books, think of how difficult this exercise in frugality of books is going to be! But alas, I shall try to choose 10 favorites. For the moment. I have so many favorites, that tomorrow would probably be a different, or at least enlarged, list!

Drum roll please! (in no particular order)

1. Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin.
My students LOVE Pete the Cat with the read along recording. We are always humming or rocking to the music.

2. Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes by Eric Litwin.
So glad this book came out. The kids really love Pete but also the catchy tunes. I love the themes.

3. I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen.
I stumbled onto this book and fell in love. It is hysterical! It's fun to see if the children notice what is going on...sometimes two reads helps.

4. Frankie Works the Night Shift by Lisa Westberg Peters.
The pictures in this book are great. A good counting but also fun reading book.

5. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.
Who can live without the hungry caterpillar? Especially in spring?

6. Hi, Pizza Man! by Virginia Walter.
I always have this book in the pizza unit. The students get the pattern, but then it changes just a bit. They love it!

7. The Mitten by Jan Brett.
My students know I love Jan Brett. She is one of the first authors we focus on. This version of The Mitten is great.

8. Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! by Mo Willems.
Again, hysterical!

9. King Bidgood's in the Bathtub by Audrey Wood.
The illustrations and language make this a favorite. Attention to details really draw readers in to the action.

10. I Can Be More Like Jesus by Angie Quantrell.
I'm excited about this book, having been given the opportunity to write it. I'm also very pleased about the illustrations, since I took the photos and the graphic artist ran a watercolor program on them. I can spot family members and friends throughout the book. ;0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! What's your favorite book?