Books Will Never Go Out of Print!

Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back. Check out meanderings about books I've loved.

Friday, December 26, 2014

Snowmen at Christmas - Christmas Picture Books


Snowmen at Christmas
By Caralyn Buehner
Pictures by Mark Buehner
(Scholastic Inc., 2005)

Don't you just love snowmen
?

I do. I'm at the age that I may not want to play in the snow, but I definitely want someone to build a snow family in my front yard. Without a doubt.

And while the lovely volunteers are busy creating my snow family, I will be inside, wondering what my snowmen will do at night while I slumber. How will they celebrate Christmas? What will they eat? What will they drink? Do they give gifts? Sing songs? Dance?

I do enjoy the Snowmen series of books. I'm glad a gifted writer and illustrator have explained the night mysteries of snowmen. For a fun time, read Snowmen at Christmas.

Now all I need is snow. And volunteers. Any takers? Hot cocoa provided.

Kid Kandy:

~ Build a snowman. Make sure he/she has a scarf, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and hat. Maybe add a few arms and feet. You can spray on color to make clothes. Mix food coloring in a water bottle. Spray where you want the colors to go.

~ Use large and small marshmallows to build mini snowmen. Stick toothpicks in to marshmallows to make them stay in place. Use frosting to stick on raisins, chocolate chips, and little candies for features and clothes. Eat carefully! (First remove toothpicks.)

~ Use white crayons to draw snowmen on blue construction paper. Choose other colors to add details. Add white glitter glue to make snowmen sparkle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! What's your favorite book?