Books Will Never Go Out of Print!

Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back. Check out meanderings about books I've loved.

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Santa Cows - Christmas Picture Books


Santa Cows
Written by Cooper Edens
Illustrated by Daniel Lane
(Green Tiger Press, 1991)

Santa Cows is one of those picture books that crack me up. I once did a skit at church, complete with the handing out of little cartons of milk and the reading aloud of this book. I believe I wore a Santa hat, possibly horns, and my cow helpers wore the same. It was quite the fun treat.

Set in a similar cadence as 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, this rhyming picture book tells the story of cows that visit a family. These red-hat wearing bovines bring not only gifts, but sing Christmas songs and lure family members out into the snow to play a game of baseball.

If you have any sort of quirky sense of humor, this book is a must. The illustrations are wonderful (makes me wish I had a cow) and the story delivers comic relief and a unique experience.

Read this book with milk and cookies. And then dress warmly and head out to play baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! What's your favorite book?