Books Will Never Go Out of Print!

Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back. Check out meanderings about books I've loved.

Monday, December 8, 2014

A Child Is Born - Christmas Picture Books


A Child Is Born
By Margaret Wise Brown
(Hyperion Books for Children, 2000)

I love sharing a variety of books with children, as we are a world filled with diversity and uniqueness.

I discovered A Child Is Born at the public library when I was searching for Christmas books for my classroom. It perfectly fits my interest in giving children a not-everyone-is-white worldview and let's-check-out-other-colors-of-skin.

And the Lord God made them all.

I secured my own copy of A Child Is Born so that I could use it at school, church, and home. The board book I have has compelling illustrations and simple text, perfect for any age. A Child Is Born simply retells the story of the birth of Jesus, the Christ.

It's a big, big world out there. Let's be (skin) color-blind.

Tip: Do you have a library card? Is there a bookstore near your home? Visit and see what wonderful books you can discover.

And remember, a book makes a great Christmas gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! What's your favorite book?