Books Will Never Go Out of Print!

Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back. Check out meanderings about books I've loved.

Friday, July 10, 2015

A Rock Can Be . . . ~ Picture Book & KID KANDY


A Rock Can Be . . .
by Laura Purdie Salas
illustrations by Violeta Dabija
(Millbrook Press, 2015)

Rocks! I love rocks.

A Rock Can Be . . . is a fantastic book about many of the things that are made of rock or from rocks. Not only are the ideas of things made with rocks wide and varied, they are clever, rhyming, and colorfully illustrated. Even I, an adult, was reminded about objects made from rock that I knew, but had forgotten as I have gone about my adult life.

A Rock Can Be . . . is the perfect book for any child who loves nature. Especially those little ones who show up with pockets full of rocks or the kids who give you a special rock just found on a walk or in the backyard.

Rocks are amazing and everywhere. Read A Rock Can Be . . . to remind yourself about the importance of rocks.

KID KANDY:


Rock Walk

Rocks can be found anywhere. Go for a walk in your neighborhood. Play a game to see how many things made with rocks you can find. Play the same game when you travel or run errands with your parents.

Some other great places to look for rocks:

- the beach
- the mountains
- big cities
- old cities
- out in the country
- on the farm
- at playgrounds
- near rivers, streams, and lakes

Can you find examples of the things made from rocks found in A Rock Can Be . . . ?

Happy rock hunting!

4 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful book I have a copy and just donated one to my library the other books in this sears are also wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I do love that book. I'm glad we agree. :) I didn't realize it was a series. I will have to look them up. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the other 2 books are Water Can Be & A Leaf Can Be Laura also has a wonderful sears of teaching poetry books that you can only order on line I have some of them and think they are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Jessice, Thanks for the titles. You must love great kids' books like I do.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! What's your favorite book?