Books Will Never Go Out of Print!

Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back. Check out meanderings about books I've loved.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

I Can Pray - Terrific Tuesday Picture Book & Activity


I Can Pray

By Angie Quantrell
Illustrated by Clay Allison
(Woman's Missionary Union, 2000)

I Can Pray is my very first published children's picture book.

I remember the challenge and excitement of writing, editing, and watching this book come to life. When my author's copies arrived in the mail, oh, that was one perfect day! It still fills me with joy to see what the Lord has done in my life.

Abby is a young girl who lives with her mom and day. Change is coming her way (check out the way mom's tummy grows), but Abby is not worried. With the different people in her life, Abby experiences many different ways to pray, places to pray, and things for which to pray.

Prayer is the theme of the book. Simple sentences are written for the youngest of preschoolers to enjoy, while a longer and more involved storyline takes place for older preschoolers and children. I Can Pray concludes with suggestions for parents and activities for preschoolers and their parents.

I Can Pray is one of my favorite books!

KID KANDY:

~ Prayer Journal

Prayer journals are all the rage. Create a simple prayer journal by posting a pretty wall calendar on a wall.

Dedicate a special time each day to pray a short prayer with your child. Jot down a sentence prayer (simple drawings are perfect for young preschoolers) inside the box for each day. Let your child offer sentence prayers and record those. Allow him or her to notice empty squares.

Make it a goal to check back and see which prayers have been answered. Your child can color that square with a highlighter. Prayer is answered!

~ Prayer Jar
Print the names of family and friends on wooden craft sticks and store them in a jar. Each day, during your prayer time, let your child choose a stick. Say sentence prayers for that person. Keep the stick out until all have been prayed for. Return sticks back to the jar and start again.


I Can Pray is available at www.wmustore.com under the Age Level Resources (preschool) tab. Or call 1-800-968-7301.

Angie Quantrell loves to dream up and write books for preschoolers and children.

If you enjoyed this blog, please sign up to receive blog posts in your email inbox. Thanks!

Find me at:

www.Facebook.com/angiequantrell
www.Twitter.com/angiequantrell
www.Pinterest.com/angiequantrell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! What's your favorite book?