Books Will Never Go Out of Print!

Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back. Check out meanderings about books I've loved.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Sweet Life in Paris


The Sweet Life in Paris, Delicious Adventures in the World's Most Glorious - And Perplexing - City by David LeBovitz (Broadway Books, 2009).

I turned 50 last November. I'm the first in our group of regularly meeting college friends to hit the big mark. We've decided to throw our own 50th birthday party next summer where each of us brings a very nice gift with a $50 price tag. Some game will decide who gets which gift, but the important thing is we are celebrating a monumental life marker.

Ouch. 50.

But a wonderful surprise arrived in my mailbox, from one of my French-loving college friends. Actually, her maiden name was French. If that had been mine, I think I would have considered long and hard about keeping my maiden name instead of switching to hubby's. Alas, my maiden name wasn't French, so I'll go with the Quantrell, as in Quantrell raiders. Better to have an outlaw connection in the family, eh?

The Sweet Life in Paris
poured onto my palms as I opened the wrapping. What a treat! (Pun intended.) Not only does this entertaining book share about life in Paris, it is filled with delicious recipes adjusted for our side of the pond. I can't wait to try them.

To make this book even more meaningful, she had put personalized sticky notes alongside some of her favorite dishes and recipes from France. Not only are the recipes and conversation about Paris fantastic, but the hand written sentiments make the book that much more special.

Way to go, Miss French!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! What's your favorite book?