Books Will Never Go Out of Print!

Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back. Check out meanderings about books I've loved.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pearl in the Sand

Pearl in the Sand by Tessa Afshar (Moody Publishers, 2010)

I love this book! I had no idea what it was even about when I got a free copy for my Kindle.


No money well spent! Tessa Afshar does a fabulous job of filling in the life of Rahab, a prostitute in the biblical city of Jericho who helped Joshua's spies(Old Testament famous Jericho, and the walls came tumbling down). Joshua was the leader who took over when Moses passed away.

While much of the story was a speculative love story about lifestyles back then, the spiritual insights and connections with Jewish history were enlightening. I enjoyed reading and thinking about this story based on Rahab, a woman listed in the lineage of Christ.

Read it. It's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! What's your favorite book?