Books Will Never Go Out of Print!

Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back. Check out meanderings about books I've loved.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

In Progress



Seriously. I have so many books and magazines and other 'reading' endeavors half begun. I have high hopes of finishing them all (with the goal of beginning even more reading projects).

Currently, partially through Little Women (a free classic on my Kindle). Started This Present Darkness (Frank Peretti), which I think I have read in the past. I have Paris to the Moon partially started, but will have to go back to the beginning to remember what is going on in the novel. Almost done with the Book of Acts (Bible) and ready to go back and read about Joseph in the Old Testament. Started The Best Cat Ever, but couldn't really get into, which means I may give it one more try to see if it clicks. If not, it's hasta la vista baby - going on the book exchange web site. About half way done with Streams in the Desert (can only read one page a day, as it's a devotional). I would be in the middle of the June Missions Mosaic, except, again, I have misplaced the current month's issue. I have May and I have July, but June has jumped my ship of stacked and readable goods. Just finished Good Housekeeping. The July issue of Martha arrived yesterday, and it looks good. Making good headway through Classroom Management (for a class I'm taking). That is not it. But I'm embarrassed to say how many more reading projects I have lined up...

C'est tres normal for me. I LOVE reading. I LOVE words and plays on words. Written texts draw me in. Zip. I'm there. I once had my administrator say, as we were discussing one of my text oriented students, "Look at that poster. Now either you look at it and notice the pictures, or you notice the words."

I always notice the words first. That's my label. Text oriented.

I have it. My new career goal is to be a professional reader. Yes. I like that idea. Any ideas how to start that one and actually get paid for it?

Guess I'll have to read up on it.

Yay! Just found the June Missions Mosaic. Right here on my desk. Better get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! What's your favorite book?