Books Will Never Go Out of Print!

Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back. Check out meanderings about books I've loved.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Wins - By a Hand


"If he grows into his paws, this guy is going to be HUGE."

Those were my thoughts as I traced the hands of one of my students. Reminded me of the old saying about dogs. This guy had pretty large hands. It will be interesting to see how tall he gets.

Mother's Day is upon us next Sunday, so kindergartners are busily preparing for our Mother's Tea. Prep includes card making, cleaning of desks, making of gifts, decorating...That's how I came to notice the big paws of one of my little guys.

We made Mother's Day cards from a project listed in From the Hands of A Child, Special Seasonal Art Activities for Primary Children by Anthony Flores (David S. Lake Publishers, 1987). We turned the flower basket (complete with green hands for flower stems) into a Mother's Day greeting. They are exceptionally cute.

This book is great for hand-sy ideas. I had to trace the parts for my students, but older can do their own pre-craft work.

Thumbs up for this book! (and pinkies and pointers and ring fingers...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! What's your favorite book?