Books Will Never Go Out of Print!

Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back. Check out meanderings about books I've loved.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Christmas in Williamsburg

Christmas in Williamsburg, 300 Years of Family Traditions by K.M. Kostyal with The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation (National Geographic Society, 2011).


Yes. I know it's May. Not even May 31st. But I took a field trip recently with my kinder students to visit a local library where one of the mom's is a librarian.

And guess what I found? A very cool book put out by National Geographic. So, Christmas in May. :) Since I've been to this historic town, it was a little like revisiting a favorite stopping place. Except we went in the summer. And it was nice outside. And they weren't decorated for Christmas.

But still, it was colonial Williamsburg! For someone who spends 99.9% of her time on the west coast, that is pretty cool.

(Mr. Q. on the phone while gazing down the streets of Colonial Williamsburg.)

This book is filled with history and connections to the past and present. Christmas traditions are explained. Photographs, sketches, and artwork decorate the pages. Written for children and adolescents (and history loving Nana's), this book is delightful. Included are many do-it-yourself projects and recipes. Excellent!

I truly enjoyed my mini-vacation into Christmas.

(Don't know what I was thinking, but this is the ONE photo of myself in C.W., sitting next to a historical figure in bronze. Just can't remember who it was.)

I have to remember to recheck out the book around the beginning of November. When I am decking my own halls and re-establishing our Quantrell family traditions.

P.S. Can you see yours truly in the reflection on Christmas in Williamsburg?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! What's your favorite book?