Books Will Never Go Out of Print!

Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back. Check out meanderings about books I've loved.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Home to Holly Springs


Home to Holly Springs, The First of the Father Tim Novels by Jan Karon.

You may have figured out by now that I like books by Jan Karon. Her characters are so true to their nature and the interactions and relationships between book personalities rings honest. Not always nice and pleasant, but honest. I've read all of her Mitford books. And I've stumbled on the first novel of Father Tim.

Home to Holly Springs tells the story of Timothy as he revisits his growing up town and all of the events that happened during his childhood and adolescence. Karon really tackles some big social issues in this novel. But if I tell you...I'd have to kill you. I mean, I'll just let you read it yourself. No spoilers for you!

Again, she has created a wonderful, thought provoking, past examining story. If this is the first...where are the others?

Waiting for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! What's your favorite book?