Books Will Never Go Out of Print!

Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back. Check out meanderings about books I've loved.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

I Did It!

I have a Kindle.

I never thought I would go that route, but boy am I enjoying the light weight carry-around as I read through the Christopher Paolini Inheritance books to catch up (remind myself of the plot line, characters, problems, etc.) before I read the newest release of the ending of the series. I love BIG books, but holding on to them...well, it can be challenging.

Not so with my Kindle. I have the touch screen, which is very difficult to work when I am falling asleep and trying to turn the page the old fashioned way, but usually I don't have any problems. Once I memorized which way to touch or swipe my fingers to go where I wanted -forward, backward, last chapter, next chapter, menu - it's quite simple. And so light weight.

The font is adjustable, the choices are unlimited for now, as far as books, the simplicity of ordering and downloading is amazing. I think it would be a good fit for people who need larger print, like my mother-in-law. I have even discovered a very fun word game that was free from Amazon. Not that I want to become hooked on games on my Kindle. No time for that...well, maybe just 5 minutes...

My favorite feature may be the light weight, compact size, especially for travel.

Now. If only I had a trip planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! What's your favorite book?