Books Will Never Go Out of Print!

Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back. Check out meanderings about books I've loved.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

I Broke It

Used my new kindle off and on almost all day yesterday. It's not even a month old yet. Just finishing up my second book and playing some dictionary/crossword game (it was free from Amazon).

My kindle is so convenient, especially as we drove for about 12 hours yesterday. I finished one book just as we made it home. Quickly, while my man unloaded our package, I ordered the next book in the Inheritance series (one more review read to go, then on to the finale). Turned off the kindle as he got back in the van and headed home. Put my kindle away until later. That was it.

Fast forward to bedtime. Grabbed the kindle to start the new book. Crash. Nothing happened. Flashy green light and then nothing. Tried again. Same thing. Dread filled my head. I did not buy the PROTECT YOUR KINDLE extra warranty stuff.

First try. I went ahead and charged my kindle again. At last reading, I had over 3/4 of battery power left. But maybe something weird happened. It was still charging when I went to bed. In the middle of the night, the light was totally off, so I unplugged it until morning.

Immediately checked my kindle when I woke up. Pushed the on button. Nothing. Same flashy light and off. Dread, dread, DREAD! Did not want to think about returning and the run around sure to follow when dealing with an electronic item.

Booted up the computer and thought I would try first off with the web site. As I checked my account, I was slightly frightened by how much tracking of my personal stuff is allowed...shudder.

Finally found the trouble shooting spot for kindles. First choice - frozen kindle. That sounded like it could be it.

"Hold on button for 20 seconds and then the system will reboot."

I did it. Held the button down, even timed it. Let go and watched my kindle reboot and come back to me! Yay!

It might be a silly thing to pray for, but I was praying that my kindle would get back to working order without shipping, long phone calls, long wait times, and possible charges for repair.

What a thank you, Jesus!

Now you know. Hold the start button for 20 seconds. Let go and WAIT. Don't touch anything else. It works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! What's your favorite book?