Books Will Never Go Out of Print!

Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back. Check out meanderings about books I've loved.

Thursday, June 4, 2015

My Blue is Happy ~ Picture Book & KID KANDY


My Blue is Happy
by Jessica Young
illustrated by Catia Chien
(Candlewick Press, 2013)

My Blue is Happy tells of a young girl and her interpretations of the emotions associated with different colors. This book about colors is a wonderful resource for exploring colors, emotions, and two ways to look at things.

The main character is surrounded by family members as they point out and comment about colors. What I love is that if a color has a negative association, like red is an angry color, the young girl has the opposite reaction to the color.

Lots of colorful imagery, imaginative language, and wonderful illustrations make My Blue is Happy the perfect book for young readers.

KID KANDY:

Talk About Colors

After reading My Blue is Happy, try and think about how different colors make you feel.

How do you feel when you think of

red? orange? yellow? brown? blue? purple? green? brown? black?

Can you think of a favorite something from each color?

What is your favorite color?

I love colors. Can you find all of the colors of the rainbow in your house? In the yard?

Hurray for colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! What's your favorite book?