Books Will Never Go Out of Print!

Grab a cup of coffee. Sit back. Check out meanderings about books I've loved.

Monday, June 3, 2013

The Dragon and the Turtle


The Dragon and the Turtle and The Dragon and the Turtle Go On Safari by Donita K. Paul and Evangeline Denmark (sorry, I would give publisher and date, but the books are at school!).



I love books! I recently received (autographed!!!) both The Dragon and the Turtle and The Dragon and the Turtle Go on Safari.

After chatting with Mrs. Paul (yes, she has a Monday night chat group that chats about writing and plots and characters and food and stuff), she helped me get copies of the books for my classroom of wild and rowdy boys. Who love adventure. And dragons. And safari's (sleep overs). Thank you, Mrs. Paul and Evangeline!

The books were a hit. Being a group of all boys, they especially liked the crunchy bug bits and the sleeping out in the tent. They were very attentive to the illustrations and problem solving in both books. The friendship theme is especially helpful when working with young children (even older children) who are just learning what it means to be a friend.

So jump on board the wonderful fantasy world(s) of Donita K. Paul and her daughter, Evangeline Denmark. Roger (turtle) and Padraig (dragon) will entertain you and the young ones in your life.

www.donitakpaul.com


(I told them to hide their faces but look at the books!)



(Yet another weird blog thing. This photo IS correct on the computer and camera, but sideways in this blog...they are excitedly discussing the illustrations and story I have just read.)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for blogging about the books, Angie. I'm glad your guys liked them. On the website, there are ideas for games and food! You could make crunchy bugs and eat them.
    dragonandturtle.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm confused! I tried to respond to you! I hope I did! :0

      Delete
    2. (Nope, I don't think I did. )
      Donita! They so enjoyed the books. All of those boys are done for the summer, but the first grade teacher is just down the hall, and I know she'd love to have crunchy bugs. I can just see it! Seriously, the books are a hit. Thank you! I appreciate your ideas and the information you share during the chat. :) Have a blessed week!

      Delete
  2. Donita! They so enjoyed the books. All of those boys are done for the summer, but the first grade teacher is just down the hall, and I know she'd love to have crunchy bugs. I can just see it! Seriously, the books are a hit. Thank you! I appreciate your ideas and the information you share during the chat. :) Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! What's your favorite book?